- Position Type:
- 4 - 7
On behalf of our client in the Lower Mainland, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for 2 strong UI designers/architects. The client is open to various arrangements from contract to contract-to-hire and permanent employment. If you are looking for an exciting role with an established company and value healthy life-work balance this is the role for you.
You will lead the functional design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment; working closely with senior management, business primes, product and project managers, and back-end and web interface developers to develop best-in-class software and online experiences.
- Applying user-centered design processes to develop high quality user flows, persona, wireframes, low and high fidelity user interface mock-ups, and interactive prototypes
- Coordinate, develop, and facilitate usability tests applying user-centered design principles, human factors, usability heuristics and methodologies, and industry best practices and standards
- Act in a consultant capacity, providing advice and expert opinion on usability related issues that evolve throughout the design process (across multiple projects)
- Work with visual designers and interface developers to ensure the development of interfaces for products that best serve user needs
- Assist in setting web application/web site direction and UI requirements based on business and user needs
- Mentor other usability specialists, with an emphasis on constant team collaboration and knowledge sharing, as well as sharing critiques and participating in project and team brainstorming sessions
- Understand and represent the company brand through the interaction design framework and visual designs
- Prioritize recommendations for user testing and performance measurement for websites and applications with the usability team
- 5 years experience in Internet and/or software UI design and/or architecture
- Comfortable with production software such as Visio, Photoshop, and Illustrator for creating information architecture and flow charts
- Proven experience creating task flows, wireframes, prototypes and IA diagrams
- Ability to create rapid prototypes (working knowledge of Axure is an asset)
- Visual design/graphic design/UI design skills are an asset
- An understanding of mobile and responsive web design interaction design and the relevant design challenges of working in a mobile environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand the limitations and potential of the web as an interactive medium both online and on mobile devices
- Mastery of user-centered design processes and expert interaction design skills
- Extensive understanding of innovative information architecture and interaction design
- Strong, demonstrated understanding of user-centered interaction design methods and Web technology
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail and be able to put ideas into a tangible form with a focus on user and business objectives
- An understanding of design compliance across multiple browsers and operating systems
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with development of software applications, web technologies and strong technical leadership
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a Word version of your resume to the Ignite Technical website!
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite. Wired for people.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best.
We’re wired for people.
Follow Ignite on
and become a fan on
for up-to-date information about our company including job postings! To see other IT job postings, visit our