To apply, please email a Word version of your resume HERE!
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or e-mails regarding IT related issues including infrastructure, desktop, laptop, network and printer problems in a courteous and professional manner.
- Use the Helpdesk system to document and track all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, nature of problem or issue, all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, actions taken, final resolution and user notification.
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of data in the Help Desk system.
- Prioritize and schedule calls accordingly and assign or escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate team member or service provider.
- Perform hands-on analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting and access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved and communicate the resolution to the affected users.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal and ensure that the final resolution is documented.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations, printers, peripherals and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, NIC cards, disc drives, memory, CD/dvd drives and so on.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Collaborate with the Senior Systems Administrator to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Assist in preparing, conducting and maintaining procedures and tests for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations and performance.
- Update and maintain vendor contact lists, application, software and hardware inventory and component lists, emergency contact lists etc.
- Notify users of system interruptions, upgrades or other activities that may have an impact on the desktop computing environment.
- Create and manage email accounts and distribution lists.
- Job scheduling and report distribution for COMET.
- Receiving and distribution of Revenue Canada T1data.
- Order, configure, support and maintain Blackberry devices.
- Plan and conduct user training/information sessions on all aspects of end user computing.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of desktop support policies, procedures and other documentation as required.
Education and/or Occupational Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) would be an asset.
Experience and/or Achievements
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Previous experience working in a high-volume call centre would be an asset.
- Extensive equipment support experience with all Microsoft desktop operating systems products.
- Understanding of current network protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Dell PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- An understanding of the fundamental principles of Project Management.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with all levels of employees. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a Word version of your resume HERE!
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best. We’re wired for people.