- Position Type:
- 2 - 5
On behalf of our client here in Vancouver,
Ignite Technical Resources
is looking for an
ASP.Net Developer/Junior Technical Architect
4-6 month contract
position for a with our large financial industry client.
There is a requirement for a ASP.Net Developer/Junior Technical Architect to work as part of a development team to assist with ongoing maintenance and development activities. The incumbent will
ensure that all existing system processes are mapped to business requirements and that all new business/product requests are translated to business process models and functional specifications. The specific projects will be discussed in more detail during the interview.
Attributes of the candidate most likely to be successful in this role:
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills with a polished and professional manner
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to deal tactfully with all levels of employees
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to take existing processes, procedures and checklists and improve on them
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and work independently or as a member of a team
- Organized, motivated and self-directed with good time management skills
- Ability to work effectively as both a member of a team and independently
- Experience working with others in a project environment and experienced in collecting and defining business requirements
- Ability to communicate technical issues to business leaders and groups in a clear and concise manner
To be qualified for this position, individual should be able to demonstrate 3 to 5 years experience in the following:
- Performing high-level as well as detailed technical analysis and design of functional business requirements
- Designing, creating and updating data base structures, store procedures and other scripts
- Assigning tasks to programmers and controlling the quality of their work through regular code reviews and ensures compliance to programming standards
- Mentoring and technically guiding programmers
- Responsible for technical quality of the application
- Creating and controlling all development, test and staging environments on the project
- Responsible for establishing and implementing application security
- Supervision of the creation and implementation of interfaces to other applications
- Preparing and supervising dry implementation runs for the project
- Preparing production implementation plans
- Prepares, reviews and submits Migration Request Packages
- Participating in Business Project Team meetings to clarify and synchronize business requirements and application features
- Providing post-implementation support
- Providing technical support for business testing
- Trust accounting experience would be advantageous
- UNIVERSE Database experience would be advantageous
- PICK experience would be advantageous
- Creation of designs using Waterfall or Agile
- Microsoft ETL tools
- Source control tools
***Must have Canadian Citizenship or hold PR Status for this opportunity***
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a Word version of your resume
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best.
We’re wired for people.
Follow Ignite on
and become a fan on
for up-to-date information about our company including job postings! To see other IT job postings, visit our