- Position Type:
To apply, please email a Word version of your resume HERE!
On behalf of our client in Vancouver,
Ignite Technical Resources
is looking for a Junior Software Test Analyst for a 6 month contract opportunity with a strong possibility of extension.
The Software Test Analyst conducts quality assurance testing and evaluation of a variety of new and existing applications.
- Review and analyze documentation; determine appropriate procedures for testing applications and modify procedures as required to accomplish objectives; develop test cases.
- Conduct Build Verification, Functional and Regression testing in accordance with established departmental testing and documentation standards to ensure applications are reliable, defect free and function as documented.
- Document QA testing results and develop recommendations for product improvement.
- Provide explanation regarding the QA test results to product development teams, developers, business analysts, and other members of the Technology department.
- Provide input to the development of software quality assurance procedures and standards to efficiently test and evaluate products.
- Assist senior team members with more complex testing to gain exposure to a variety of software development issues.
- Provide accurate and regular reports on testing status of assigned products; detect potential delays in an assigned task at an early stage and report to Team Lead or Manager.
- Maintain current knowledge of our client’s family of products, application functionality and the high level architecture of our client’s hosting environment.
- Learn new technologies, techniques, processes etc. in order to contribute to the ongoing advancement of our client’s applications and services.
- Perform other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support our client’s business goals
- University degree in Software Engineering, computer science or other related discipline with an IT focus (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years related experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of software product design/ development methods and standards.
- Good programming practice and structured programming techniques.
- Well developed analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients, technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a team environment.
- Silktest experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable working with mobile devices and applications.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a Word version of your resume
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best. We’re wired for people.
Follow Ignite on
and become a fan on
for up-to-date information about our company including job postings! To see other IT job postings, visit our